Recipe: Four Points Lodge Turkey Pot Pie
Four Points Lodge Turkey Pot Pie
Makes six 16-ounce crocks
Pot pie filling
2 cups celery, diced
2 cups onion, diced
2 quarts chicken stock
6 ounces butter
1 1/4 cups flour
2 cups heavy cream
24 ounces turkey, cooked and cubed
1 cup pearl onions
1 cup sliced carrots
6 ounces frozen peas
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary
• In a Dutch oven over medium heat, sweat the celery and onions. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil
• In another pan, make a roux with the flour and butter. When roux lightens slightly in color, remove from heat and stir into boiling broth mixture in Dutch oven, whisking constantly until roux has been absorbed.
• Turn head to low and add heavy cream, turkey, pearl onions, carrots, peas, thyme and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Simmer about 15 minutes. Remove rosemary sprig.
Pot pie dough
4 cups all purpose flour
7 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
7 tablespoons lard
3/4 teaspoon salt
3-4 ounces ice cold water
• In a mixer equipped with a dough hook, combine 2 cups flour, butter, lard and salt. While mixing, add remaining flour and water.
• Mix on low until dough pulls together into a ball.
• Flour cutting board and hands, place dough on board and kneed one minute.
• Roll dough until 1/4 inch thick, and cut into circles that are 1 inch larger than crocks.
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup water
• Fill each crock with pot pie mixture from Dutch oven.
• Make egg wash by combining egg and water. Brush top of crock with egg wash.
• Top crock with dough circle and brush dough with egg wash.
• Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes (internal temperature of 150-160) or until crust is golden brown.
Find more Steamboat food and drink recipes here.
- Making the Four Points Lodge Turkey Pot Pie at home
The Turkey Pot Pie is one of the most popular dishes at the new Four…
- The Flakes are Starting to Fall
October weather is always a mixed bag in the Colorado Rockies. We enjoyed sunshine and…
- STORM BRINGS NEARLY TWO FEET OF SNOW TO STEAMBOAT IN PAST FOUR DAYS
With 6 Inches Overnight, Steamboat Surpasses 150 Inch Snowfall Milestone for the Season Nearly 13…