It's a glorious and stunning winter morning here in Steamboat. If you aren't up here already, you should be on your way. I can understand being a bit on the fence today so here's my Top 5 Reasons You Should Ski Today:
1. As I mentioned above, it's a beautiful day in Steamboat and since we've been getting SO much snow lately you may have forgotten how to link up your groomer turns. Wouldn't want to lose your "edge" in that department, so for your fast groomer-skiing-form's sake, you should really get up here and keep yourself tuned up. Like they say, "If you don't use it, you might lose it."
I ventured over to Pony Express this morning and will say that Longhorn is the perfect run to test out your skills.
2. Speaking of not "using it," that goes for your equipment as well. It's probably been 1 or 2 days since you buckled or binded in and you don't want to risk a rusty edge or even a cob web from setting up in your boots. Better dust 'em off and make sure everything is still in tip top shape. I highly recommend a top to bottom Daze lap on super soft, dreamy cord to make sure all cylinders are firing properly.
Doesn't this just make you drool? It's so soft and smooth up there today.
3. With all of the snow we've seen recently (and considering the lush forecast ahead) you may be suffering from a vitamin D deficiency. Some of the symptoms include dreaming about skiing while staring at your computer, reading the Straight Talk blog with growing jealousy, thinking of excuses why you should be skiing and not working...and the most effective remedy is soaking up some sun under blue bird skies on the mountain. These guys have the right idea:
4. If you're a season pass holder then skiing today makes total financial sense. You want to get the most bang for your buck right? Add another ski day to your season total and your season pass becomes an even better value! You've been treadmill-ing and stair climbing and getting yelled at by spin instructors indoors all winter long. Make your Tuesday workout be outside, breathing fresh air, and keep some money in your pocket. Plus, when you and your friends are comparing number of ski days, you can blow them away because you've notched an extra Tuesday while they were staring blankly at their computer screen (see #3 above).
5. And finally, the weekend is still 4 days away! If you ski today, I can guarantee the rest of your week will go by much faster. And if anyone gives you flack, you've got this Top 5 list to back you up.
I hope I see you out there!