Steamboat

Your vacation planning community

Hi Everybody

I'm out to Steamboat for the first time on the 30th January for a couple of weeks. Can anybody recommend an good ski school or instructor for a full days or a couple of half days private snowboarding lessons please?

Abit of background for you if it helps. I've skied for the last 19 years but have started to learn snowboarding to enable me to have the choice of how I want to ride the mountain. I've had a few days on a board and can now link my turns but I feel I need some tips and pointers and some exercises to practice to give me more confidence and control. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Cheers for now

Will

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Abi Slingsby taught me to ride, she is fantastic! I was a skier wanting to switch. I had lessons at other resorts before we started skiing Steamboat full season, nothing compared to her. Its fair to say the Snowboard school has a ton of talented instructors, she gets pretty booked up though so get on it early!
I second, third and fourth the vote on Abi SLingsby. She taught my then 5 year old how to ride before he switched to skiing full time. And my all-mountain brother-in-law rides 10 consecutive days with her every year. Fortunately for you our/his departure is Jan. 24 so she'll be free by your trip. A bonus is that Abi skis also so she might better understand how you are being challenged by switching over.
Hi again

Thats for the recommendations of Abi, it's much appreciated. How do I get in touch with her regards a lesson or two?

Cheers for now

Will
Ring the Ski School to book lessons and when booking, specifically request Abi

Ski School Phone: 800-299-5017

RSS

Steamboat Reservations

Call: (877) 783-2628 or book online

Steamboat.com, the Official Site for Steamboat Ski Resort.

For mobile phone updates including snow, lifts & trails, follow us on:

Latest Activity

Steamboat PR's blog post was featured

STEAMBOAT FIRES UP SNOWMAKING

Natural Snow In October Bolsters Snowmaking Crews To Begin; Building Base in Anticipation of…See More
Wednesday
Steamboat PR posted a blog post

STEAMBOAT FIRES UP SNOWMAKING

Natural Snow In October Bolsters Snowmaking Crews To Begin; Building Base in Anticipation of…See More
Wednesday
Adam hover is now a member of Steamboat
Monday
Caroline Lalive posted a blog post

When You Don't Like Lemonade

You have probably heard the expression, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." I have always…See More
Monday
Austin Shelton is now a member of Steamboat
Oct 22
Jennie Lay updated their profile
Oct 20
Profile IconJim Colbert, Jennie Lay, Jami Spiva and 1 more joined Steamboat
Oct 20
Steamboat PR's blog post was featured

Learning to Ride Part 5: Getting Back up After a Crash

By Nicole MillerAs soon as I’d committed to compete in the …See More
Oct 14

© 2014   Created by Steamboat.