Steamboat

Your vacation planning community

Hey, need some help. I have a peg skibiker friend in Washington state who wants to go ahead and book his winter trip to Steamboat now. He needs to know what the rules and regulations are going to be for them this upcoming season.

He did contact Nelson Wingard and he said he would get back with him when things have been worked out. That was back in April. Peg skibikes are going to be allowed for the first time for the 2012/13 season at Steamboat. Nelson did mention a license/certification and no skibikes in the terrain parks.  What about leashes, any lift restrictions, conversion kit skibikes????   I think he'll be using a demo bike from the same manufacturer who leases bikes to Winter Park.

Views: 1137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got this answered on the Facebook page.

Just so everybody knows.  We will be allowing peg style bikes to ride Steamboat this season.  You will need to get a permit to ride on the mountain.  Permits are issued at the successful completion of a three hour lesson.  Experienced riders can contact patrol for a one run quick check.  Enjoy. 

I can't wait to skibike at Steamboat this season.  :)

For information on Colorado skibiking, visit my blog 'A Colorado Ski Biker Goes Skibiking'.

RSS

Steamboat Reservations

Call: (877) 783-2628 or book online

Steamboat.com, the Official Site for Steamboat Ski Resort.

For mobile phone updates including snow, lifts & trails, follow us on:

Latest Activity

Caroline Lalive posted a blog post

Training Blocks not Blues

Every fall , it's the same story. We all have the sudden stress of "getting in shape for ski…See More
16 hours ago
Profile IconEd Pawlowicz and Valerie Cole joined Steamboat
yesterday
Profile IconGarnett Giesler and stephen askew joined Steamboat
Friday
JennyO commented on Marlene's group Steamboat AUS
"Hi Jon! So sorry for the delay in my reply.  I've been traveling the world singing the…"
Wednesday
Robert Reid Prentice is now a member of Steamboat
Wednesday
Profile IconNathaniel John Anderson, Karen Monsen, MaryAnn Twarog and 3 more joined Steamboat
Tuesday
ChicagoSkier replied to Brendon Robertson's discussion Buying skis in steamboat
"I recommend One Stop Ski Shop, in Downtown Steamboat (very near the mountain)"
Sep 15
Caroline Lalive posted a blog post

Goals Shmoals

Recently I heard a commencement speech from Tim Minchin. Now whether or not you are famliar with…See More
Sep 14

© 2014   Created by Steamboat.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service