Steamboat

Your vacation planning community

Hey, need some help. I have a peg skibiker friend in Washington state who wants to go ahead and book his winter trip to Steamboat now. He needs to know what the rules and regulations are going to be for them this upcoming season.

He did contact Nelson Wingard and he said he would get back with him when things have been worked out. That was back in April. Peg skibikes are going to be allowed for the first time for the 2012/13 season at Steamboat. Nelson did mention a license/certification and no skibikes in the terrain parks.  What about leashes, any lift restrictions, conversion kit skibikes????   I think he'll be using a demo bike from the same manufacturer who leases bikes to Winter Park.

Views: 1262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got this answered on the Facebook page.

Just so everybody knows.  We will be allowing peg style bikes to ride Steamboat this season.  You will need to get a permit to ride on the mountain.  Permits are issued at the successful completion of a three hour lesson.  Experienced riders can contact patrol for a one run quick check.  Enjoy. 

I can't wait to skibike at Steamboat this season.  :)

For information on Colorado skibiking, visit my blog 'A Colorado Ski Biker Goes Skibiking'.

RSS

Steamboat Reservations

Call: (877) 783-2628 or book online

Steamboat.com, the Official Site for Steamboat Ski Resort.

For mobile phone updates including snow, lifts & trails, follow us on:

Latest Activity

skisteamboat commented on Steamboat PR's blog post STEAMBOAT & VISIT SALT LAKE REACH SETTLEMENT
"Lawyers get money and nothing much else happens. :/"
Wednesday
skiwoods updated their profile
Wednesday
skiwoods posted photos
Tuesday
Andrew Roberts replied to Andrew Roberts's discussion Ski Guide
"Brilliant. Thanks Cary."
Nov 16
Cary replied to Andrew Roberts's discussion Ski Guide
"Powdercats is the way to go if you can afford it.  Opposed to a couple of…"
Nov 16
Andrew Roberts replied to Andrew Roberts's discussion Ski Guide
"Thanks JG ATL"
Nov 14
jg atl replied to Andrew Roberts's discussion Ski Guide
"If you want some really different back country stuff, check out Steamboat Powercats - complete…"
Nov 14
Steamboat PR posted blog posts
Nov 14

© 2014   Created by Steamboat.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service