Steamboat

Your vacation planning community

I am considering getting a helmet cam to capture some of the runs we end up doing this year .Can anyone recomend one and where to get the best price?
Also any dos and don'ts to be aware of?

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to mount the thing on my helmet but don't find a flat spot anywhere, is that why you used the superglue Jeff?

Thanks for all the guidance.
yes,.

I could not find a perfectly flat spot. I also wedged it so there was pressure for the pad and glue to set over night.
The sticky pad included is ok but i wouldnt trust it. After riding for 3 weeks i had my camera out one day and noticed it was coming apart. Not were i glued it to the helmet , but were the small foam disk(sticky pad) attaches to the camera mount itself...so more super glue. This probably due to me adjusting the angle of the camera a few times. Now i feel it is secured for life.

I like more of a pointed down view.
My helmet doesn't have a flat spot or a surface area to match the adhesive size/shape yet it sticks there just the same. (clean the helmet first with some alcohol to make sure there's no dirt or grease)

RSS

Steamboat Reservations

Call: (877) 783-2628 or book online

Steamboat.com, the Official Site for Steamboat Ski Resort.

For mobile phone updates including snow, lifts & trails, follow us on:

Latest Activity

Steamboat Straight Talker's blog post was featured

Tricky

Welcome to a snowy start to the Christmas week here in Steamboat! …See More
7 hours ago
Steamboat Straight Talker posted a blog post

Tricky

Welcome to a snowy start to the Christmas week here in Steamboat! …See More
7 hours ago
jg atl replied to Ed F. (bpos2)'s discussion Need to find parking . . .
"Knoll parking sounds like a good option.  Just a short walk to the other car.  If they…"
7 hours ago
Ed F. (bpos2) replied to Ed F. (bpos2)'s discussion Need to find parking . . .
"Sorry for the late reply.  I am staying at the Gondola Square Condos.  Due to it being…"
23 hours ago
Steamboat Straight Talker's 2 blog posts were featured
yesterday
Steamboat Straight Talker posted blog posts
yesterday
Steamboat Straight Talker's 2 blog posts were featured
Friday
Steamboat Straight Talker posted a blog post

Fresh snow, a Steamboat holiday tradition

Let the Steamboat holiday traditions begin. The Sugar Plum Fairy and all her adorable little…See More
Friday

Videos

• Add Videos

Usage Agreement and Posting Guide

Welcome to your online community. Take a look around, sign up for an account, kick the tires, and if you have questions first read up in the Welcome forum as well as the FAQ section. When you are ready you can start blogging or post in our Forums or Groups.

Specific suggestions regarding how you'd like us to improve should go in the Support forum.

Your admin: James

Forum

Need to find parking . . . 3 Replies

Started by Ed F. (bpos2) in Lodging & Accommodations. Last reply by jg atl 7 hours ago.

Ski Guide 4 Replies

Started by Andrew Roberts in Ask A Local. Last reply by Andrew Roberts Nov 16.

Buying skis in steamboat 7 Replies

Started by Brendon Robertson in Ask A Local. Last reply by ChicagoSkier Sep 15.

anything new on the mountain for ski season 2014-2015? 2 Replies

Started by Julien Hradecky in General On-Mountain Talk - Catch all. Last reply by Julien Hradecky Jul 25.

Groups

© 2014   Created by Steamboat.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service