Steamboat

Your vacation planning community

We are coming to Steamboat for the first time in Feb 2012 with a group of 9.  Was curious if anyone had any input on Eagle Ridge Lodge/Condo's?  They look to be close (easy walking distance in boots) to the gondola from the maps.  Is that true?  Are they a good place to stay?

Thanks!

Eric

Views: 476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have to confess self interest as we own a condo in the Meadows @ Eagleridge which is a tad further away but walking is not an issue as there is a regular courtesy shuttle to and from the ski base area during the day and you can use this service on an on call basis to go dining or shopping in the town and back.

I assume Eagle Ridge Lodge/Condos will have same service but they are closer to the ski base and walkable if you have to (as long as you don't have young kids). Down hill to mountain base and unfortunately up hill going home at end of the day.

We have not stayed there but it's not walking distance with kids and ski gear.

Thanks for the responses Gina and Oyibos.  Are they nice?  They look nice on the pictures but it's always hard to tell.

Hi

We have looked around there (although it was a few years ago now). Really nice condos (although they are all individual), nice pool, gym etc. Very nice looking place, very charming.

Personally I wouldn't call it "walking distance", but that is me (I like to save my energy for the skiing and not an uncomfortable walk in ski boots carrying skis). I have seen quite a few people walking it with skis... They do, I believe, have a shuttle: if you confirm this, then the shuttle will drop you off at the base area.

If you are happy with it not being an "easy walk", then I am sure that it is a lovely place to stay.

Boo

I made an offer to buy a condo there a few years ago.  The place is relatively new and is very nice.  The views from the lower floors in the back may be mostly of the Eagle Ridge Town Homes.  If you can, you should request to be on a higher floor.

You can walk to the gondola in street shoes, but I would never attempt it in ski boots.  Take the shuttle - plus they have cookies and hot chocolate and coffee for you where the shuttle bus stops.

Great place to stay.  We stay in a 6 BR townhome and use the heated garage to stow our gear and to dress for the day.  We put up the garage door and the shuttle is a ten step walk away (they pick up at the driveway).  We walk to the base area in shoes and you can do it in ski boots but it's much easier to use the shuttle.  This is the third different Steamboat Resorts property that we've stayed in and our experiences have always been terrific.  The shuttle drivers are helpful and friendly and after a long day on the hill, its great to throw the gear on the side of the shuttle bus and ride back, walk a few steps into the garage, put down the door, stash the gear, and head into the kitchen for some grub.

We've not stayed in the lodge itself but have heard good things.  It's the same shuttle they just pick up at the front door of the lodge instead.

Thanks for the replies.  I think we will give them a shot!

We just got back from Steamboat.  8" of fresh snow on Tuesday.  It was fantastic and we can't wait to come back to Eagle Ridge Condominiums.  They were fantastic, very friendly staff and very well appointed.  If you are coming to Steamboat and don't necessarily want ski in / ski out I'd highly recommend Eagle Ridge for the price.

Eric

RSS

Steamboat Reservations

Call: (877) 783-2628 or book online

Steamboat.com, the Official Site for Steamboat Ski Resort.

For mobile phone updates including snow, lifts & trails, follow us on:

Latest Activity

ChicagoSkier replied to Brendon Robertson's discussion Buying skis in steamboat
"I recommend One Stop Ski Shop, in Downtown Steamboat (very near the mountain)"
18 hours ago
Profile IconKaren Monsen, MaryAnn Twarog, Jeremy and 2 more joined Steamboat
18 hours ago
Caroline Lalive posted a blog post

Goals Shmoals

Recently I heard a commencement speech from Tim Minchin. Now whether or not you are famliar with…See More
yesterday
Jason Rubin is now a member of Steamboat
Friday
Profile IconAimee Denman, amanda hambergh and Steve Smith joined Steamboat
Thursday
Steve Smith posted a status
"Is there a way to sign up for emails of deals and events, etc? is there a way I can get on some emailing list to get such news????"
Thursday
Profile IconKevin Corcoran, Nathan Stephens, Reuben Russell and 1 more joined Steamboat
Sep 8
Jon Sieben commented on Marlene's group Steamboat AUS
"I am heading over with the 2 young boys 3 and a half and 4 and a half. We are going in January and…"
Sep 5

© 2014   Created by Steamboat.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service