Steamboat

Your vacation planning community

Past 4 years we have stayed Storm Meadows properties and are looking to move to the base. I have heard nothing but positive things about Dulany. Do most people store there skis at base or ski home?

Views: 578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have not stayed there, but I did look at buying a condo there awhile back.  Given its proximity to the base area, I would suspect that guests would ski as close as possible to the property and then lug their equipment whatever short distance was left. 

thanks do you know if most of the units have a mountain view?

Hard to say.  The unit I was looking at was an end unit and it had a view of the lower mountain.  IIRC the units had outside entrances that faced the parking lot, thus the views would be toward the mountain.  However with the way condos are at the base area it is possible that the Dulaney condos looking up mountain only have views of other condos.

Find out who the property manager is for the condos and check their web site and find the photo galleries from specific units.  There is usually a photo in each unit's gallery that shows the view.

I'll attach a couple of pix from the condo we looked at and it kinda looks like there is a real nice view of the Ironwood condos next door!

in your opinion what condo has the best value at the base? and if you were making a upgrade from a storm meadows condo, where would you look. Keep in mind 2 kids also staying

That is a tough one as there are so many criteria and opinions.  My suggestions would be to look at Bear Claw, Chateau Chamonix and Snowflower.  The first two are ski in/out and the last one is just a very short walk to the gondola.  There are probably some others that I missed, but I would start with those 3.

why is Snowflower priced lower than Dulany? Is it older?

I would guess that they are about the same age (as with any older condo, you should find out what unit you will be in and see how well that unit has been maintained/updated).  Also you have to walk past One Steamboat Place to get there, so it is not ski in/out.

And when skiing home what is the route taken to get to Dulany?

Don't know for sure, but probably ski into or around the ski school staging area that is right next to the Dulaney.

Im curious what trail takes you home to Dulany if anyone know please chime in!

You clearly take the Stampede/Lil Rodeo to near the base of the Gondola.  As you get down to the bottom, on your left facing the Gondola building is the ski school meeting area and Dulaney is right behind there.

This is the same trail that you would take to get to Bear Claw, Edgemont, Ptarmigan Inn/House, Chateau Chamonix, and Ironwood.

Just walked by there last week.  You come to the base area and walk/ski to the left of the Gondola toward One Steamboat Place.  You will pick up your skis and carry them as you walk under the OSP opening that leads toward Apres Ski Way.  Just after you pass OSP, you take a left on the sidewalk that will take you to Dulaney.

RSS

Steamboat Reservations

Call: (877) 783-2628 or book online

Steamboat.com, the Official Site for Steamboat Ski Resort.

For mobile phone updates including snow, lifts & trails, follow us on:

Latest Activity

Profile IconPhoebe, Carol Timmreck, mary L Kautto and 1 more joined Steamboat
Monday
Dale Fuller posted a status
"Status"
Monday
Julien Hradecky replied to Julien Hradecky's discussion anything new on the mountain for ski season 2014-2015?
"Thanks. Time for some upgrades to the lifts."
Friday
Dale Fuller is now a member of Steamboat
Friday
Steamboat PR's blog post was featured
Friday
Steamboat PR posted a blog post
Friday
jg atl replied to Julien Hradecky's discussion anything new on the mountain for ski season 2014-2015?
"I asked this same question to a buddy that works for the resort.  Answer was expanded night…"
Friday
Julien Hradecky posted a discussion

anything new on the mountain for ski season 2014-2015?

Any improvements to the on-mountain experience for the coming ski year?See More
Jul 24

© 2014   Created by Steamboat.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service